Sunday, December 26, 2010

Happy (that they're almost over) Holidays!

Christmas is finally over for another year. Don't get me wrong, I don't "hate" Christmas, it's just that as a non-believer of God and an adult without children, it's just another day to me. I don't celebrate Hanukkah or Kwanzaa either, but nobody seems too worried about that. I get tired of the forced expectation that every single person in America is just overjoyed for it to be Christmas! When I tell people that I don't celebrate it, the common reaction is similar to if I had told someone that I don't breath oxygen. They get this really confused look on their face and I can tell they are struggling with what to follow that up with. Don't think so hard people, I'm just someone who lives in reality with my eyes open, no more no less. I don't question you as to why you DO celebrate Christmas, so please don't question me as to why I don't.

By the way, I don't celebrate Easter either.

Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment